The Main Library is now open for brief visits. Appointments are required, and not all library resources are available. Click here to request an appointment. For more information on library reopening, including appointments, due dates, overdue fees, and new services such as curbside pickup and digital access-only library cards, click here.
Library Closed For Independence Day
All four locations of the Fort Smith Public Library will be closed on Friday, July 3rd and Saturday, July 4th for Independence Day.
Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends
The Friends of the Library group was organized in 1951, becoming a significant source of volunteer and financial support that continues today. From the proceeds of memberships, fundraisers, and book sales, the Friends have donated thousands of dollars for books, special equipment, and programs and services to supplement the library’s budget.
What We Fund
- 1-year subscription to Kanopy (streaming Documentaries, Classic and Indie Films)
- 1-year subscription to Tumblebooks (eBooks for kids)
- Bookmarks for Library Card Signup Celebrations and National Library Week
- Digitization of the Fort Smith newspaper microfilm
- DVDs for adults and children
- E-Books and audiobooks for Library2Go
- Refreshments, prizes, and supplies for Holiday Open House and many other library programs
- Subscription to Book Page, a monthly newspaper about books, distributed free to library customers
- Supplies, incentives, and prizes for the Children’s, Teen, and Adult Summer Reading Program