The Reference Department offers resources for business, school and personal research. We have a wide range of reference materials available in several formats -- print as well as digital. We are happy to assist library customers in person and we can also answer questions over the telephone. Just call us at 479-783-0229, ext. 1171. You can also contact us electronically via our Online Reference Assistance program.
- Computer and Internet Resources — We have public computers with word processors and access to the Internet. You can easily use our online databases from any computer in any library location; most are also available from home.
- In addition, the Fort Smith Public Library has established its website as a portal of excellent Internet Tools, sorted by category.
- The Fort Smith Public Library is a partial depository for Arkansas state documents with some national Census information as well. The closest repository for U.S. Government Documents is Mullins Library at the University of Arkansas -- Fayetteville. We have a selection of links to state and federal government websites as well as electronic contact information for your state and federal representatives among our Internet Tools.
- In addition to the print newspapers and magazines we have available at some or all of our library locations, we also provide access to many online Newspapers and Periodicals.
- We have Southwestern Bell telephone books for many locations in Arkansas and Oklahoma as well as phone books for major cities across the country. You can also search the Internet for people and businesses.
We also have three word processing PCs plus one multimedia computer and scanner in the Reference Department at the Main Library. There are several computers around the building with access ONLY to our FSPL catalog and our online databases. These do not require sign-up or fee but access is limited to FSPL internet locations.
Please note: Our Library staff is NOT trained to teach you how to use these resources but will try to be helpful, time permitting.
|This Page Last updated: 2 January 2016|