Library Home | Bookmobile Stops | Branch Libraries | Genealogy | Internet Tools | Library Information | New Titles
Online Databases | Reference | Online Catalog | Site Index | Upcoming Events | Youth Services
How to Download Tax Forms from the Internet
You can easily download and print out state and federal tax forms by following the links provided on the Fort Smith Public Library's Tax Information page. All library branches provide Internet access, so you don't need a computer at home. To download tax forms, follow these instructions:
- Go to the library's Tax Information Page. During tax season, you can access our links to tax information just by clicking on the "tax information" link in the body of our main page. (If you can't find the link, click on "Site Index" and look under "T" to find the Tax Information page.)
- You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to download tax forms. All library computers have Acrobat Reader installed on them already, but you can download it for free to your home computer by visiting Adobe's web site and following the instructions they provide.
- From the library's Tax Information page, you can access links to state or federal tax forms. Find the form you wish to download, then click on the link to it. Note: We provide links to tax information, but we do not maintain the state or federal tax form sites. If you have a problem, you may have to contact the agency who maintains the site.
- When you click on the link to access a tax form, you may see a message asking you to confirm that you really want to do this. Netscape users will see a message that says "Possible Security Hazard." This message is letting you know that you should be cautious before downloading files from the Internet, but since you are downloading tax forms from a reliable source, don't worry about it. Just click "Open It" and then click OK. Internet Explorer users will see a message that says "Confirm File Open." Just click "Open" to download the file.
- After the file is downloaded, Acrobat Reader should automatically open it for you. You can then print the file from Acrobat Reader by going to the File menu and clicking "Print."
|This Page Last
updated: 22 February 2002|